Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Porsche Windshield

We picked up a new windshield from Momentum Porsche in Houston today. When I was calling around to the usual 356 parts vendors for quotes, one of the them suggested I contact my local dealer for a quote. He went on to explain that if I wanted an original Sigla windshield, all of the dealers go through Porsche. The only problem is that once the vendor receives the windshield, I then have to worry about UPS shipping the glass to my doorstep in one piece. Of course it would be insured, but then I would have to deal with the damage claims. If I buy if from my local dealer, I can pick it up from the showroom and drive it home myself.

I was also surprised to find that Momentum had the best price around. Even though I paid local sales tax, this cost offset the cost of freight. It took about 3 weeks for the windshield to arrive.

No comments: