Monday, October 25, 2004

Engine Long Block - Trailing Arm Removal

Saturday morning, I met up with the Lone Star 356 Club at 59 Diner on I-10. Unfortunately, it was pouring down rain so only two of the guys brought out their tubs. The majority of our time was spent on the update of the Gulf Coast Holiday that is to take place next April in Boerne. I had no idea that so much work was being put into this event. It sounds like it's going to be a great event.

I spent Saturday afternoon removing the radius arms and torsion bars. While removing the bolts that hold the arm covers, I broke off 2 on the right and 3 on the left. I then spent the evening trying to drill them out. I'll need to put this task off until I have a day with a little more patience.

We spent Sunday on the engine and installed pistons, cylinder, and heads to our short block. I'm not sure why but it took us about 5 hours just to do that. We had all of our parts clean before we started, I guess we just took our time and made sure everything went together per the Maestro's instructions. In all, the engine now turns and is starting to look like a real engine.



Theresa started into the replacement carb only to find that it had different venturies than our originals. On top of that, I broke one of the injection tubes while trying to bend it back into place. Like I said before, two steps forward, one step back. In the mean time, we have been progressing with cleaning tins and various other small parts and painting them in preparation for a complete engine.

No comments: