Saturday, July 17, 2004

Certificate of Authenticity

Within the week of receiving the title, I sent off to Porsche the request for the Certificate of Authenticity.  This is the official document from Porsche that lists the original engine and transmission serial numbers, the "birth date" of the car, as well as the original options as shipped from the factory.  Our's was somewhat plain with no options aside from the US bumpers.  The leather interior was standard for the cabriolet.  I was glad to see that it is shown as a 1958 model year since the guy I bought it from had it incorrectly listed as a '59.  I've sent a letter back to Porsche asking for the importing dealer.  Hopefully they can tell me if any dealer options were installed.
 
It appears that the s/n that I have is not the original nor is the engine.  The original engine was a 1600S (75 HP)  while mine is a 1600N (60 HP).

According to the CofA, the original color was silver with red interior such as this one. 




No comments: