Friday, February 02, 2007

New Shiny Parts

Assembly is underway and seems to happen in short increments. Every time I turn around there's a small screw, seal, knob or other part that I am missing.


A couple weeks back we installed the hood seal with success. We followed the instructions in the registry's Technical and Restoration Guide (volume 1). There are many other references with the instructions but this was the most complete. Rather than detail the process, I'll let you buy the book (you should already have one at this point). The only deviation we took was that we did not glue the seal, we only screwed it down. One other detail that should be added is that the screw spacing should be about 6".

Other small parts are now being added daily such as hinge covers, Porsche scripts, Reutter tags, door seals etc. We have installed all of the switches and related wiring and the gauges have been sent out to be rebuilt. I also received new Ruetter ID and paint code tags from Zim's. They have the original size stencils to stamp these out.

This evening I sprayed the final coat of undercoating in the fender wells. Once this dries in the morning I plan to paint over the overspray that is on the rockers and suspension.

No comments: