With a little help from Theresa, we were able to finish up the right side longitudinal and rocker panel today. Wow, this took some time. The only old steel we used was in the heater tubes and their supports. We used the 3M body sealant in the inside corner of the rocker to prevent future water trapment and we also put the sealat where the longitudinal meets the closing panels. One tip I learned the hard way. If you are installing new closing panels, wait untill after the longitudinal is installed. outer The longitudinal is positioned by the door posts and the inner longitudinal and must be flush with the closing panels. Since I installed the front closing panel first, I was about 1/4 inch too far forward and had to do some custom engineering to get it to fit right.
We plan to start the left side this weekend and don't expect as many problems. The right side longitudinal is pretty solid and could live without replacement unlike the swiss cheese right side. Pictures have been updated.
No comments:
Post a Comment