Wednesday, February 04, 2004

More Progress

Last weekend I made the trek to Martindale, TX and met with Bill Hamilton of Hamilton Classics. Bill has a great little shop and is a great resource for us newbies. I'm looking forward to calling on his services in the future.

Parts are finally starting to come in. Boy, eBay is addictive. I'm trying to pace myself on only pick up serious deals. The best so far is a hard top from Atlanta. I hope it looks as good as Pete says it is.




Other parts on their way include front closing panels, and gas tank floor from Restoration Design ,longintudinals and rockers from Parts Obsolete, and battery box front wall from Stoddard.

I have completed the passenger area repairs. There was some serious rust under the package shelf so I had to pull it up and clean under it. Once I finished, I coated it with POR15 and resealed the edges with 3M seam sealer. Once all of the repairs were made, I covered the entire area with POR15.

This is the area before I started patching. You will notice some gaping holes from the rust. This area was all wire brushed clean and the rotten areas were cut out and patched.



Here is how it looks before the POR15. Here you can see some of the patches before they were ground down. The package shelf has already been removed and the rusty area is what was below the shelf.



This is what it looks like after the POR15 has been applied.




Now that the passenger area is finished, the trunk area will be next with completion of the batter box area and a new gas tank floor.

No comments: