During several recent drives, I found that the car would stall at a stop. If I "goose it" (tap the accelerator) before the stall, I could get it back to idle. I sent a message to the 356 talk list and several told me to check my float level. I did so and found everything to be fine.
While driving last weekend, I found that I lost significant power. Once I limped home, I found gas pouring out of my left carb. Upon disassembly of the carb, I found the float to be stuck, thus allowing the bowl to over flow. I replaced the float with a spare from my parts stash and the problem went away.
In addition, the stalling at stop has gone away. Looks like the guys on the talk list were right. My stalling problem must have been related to the float.
No comments:
Post a Comment