In December of 2003 we bought a 1958 Porsche 356A Cabriolet found in the Texas Hill Country. Follow along as we attempt to restore her to the original beauty of her glory days. Our attempt is not for a concourse car but rather a respectable weekend driver.
Monday, July 24, 2006
Body Work Continues
I now have all of the exterior stripped down to the bare metal and I am working the low spots with filler. So far I have been using both Evercoat Metal Glaze and Evercoat lightweight filler directly on the metal. The Metal Glaze sets up harder and is good for areas that will not see any flex while the lightweight filler offers a little give and can be used around the fenders. The biggest trick has been learning the tools and the paper. Which sanding block do I use and which grit of paper? 80 grit can take off too much sometimes while 120 grit may not be enough. I just bought a dual action pneumatic sander and will give it a try this next weekend. I hope that it is easier on the arms.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment